May 2024 – Gemini
General Temperature Overview
Slightly cooler than January but still warm, with averages around mid-20s°C. Given the moderate solar activity and planetary alignments, we can expect average high temperatures to be in the high-20s to low-30s Celsius and average low temperatures to be in the mid to high-teens Celsius.
The potential for late summer storms remains, influenced by the waxing moon phases and planetary positions, particularly of Mars and Jupiter.
May in Dayboro typically marks the transition from autumn to the cooler beginnings of winter, with temperatures historically averaging around 16.7°C. Considering the predicted high solar activity and significant planetary alignments for May 2024, we anticipate that the average high temperatures could range in the low to mid-20s Celsius during the day, with average low temperatures likely in the low to mid-teens Celsius at night.
The influence of the moon phases, particularly the New Moon and Full Moon, alongside the positions of significant planets such as Jupiter and Saturn, suggests the potential for variability in weather patterns. This may result in occasional cooler spells interspersed with warmer days, typical of a changing season.
Expected to hover around the historical averages, May 2024 in Dayboro could see a slight deviation towards warmer conditions, given the elevated solar activity. However, days are anticipated to remain comfortably warm, aligning with the seasonal norms, while evenings could be cooler, reflecting the typical autumn to winter transition. The planetary alignments and moon phases for the month do not significantly deviate from patterns that would cause extreme weather events, allowing for a relatively stable weather pattern with the usual possibility of late autumn rainfall.
Wind Overview for February 2024:
As Dayboro transitions into the cooler months of May, wind patterns are expected to shift from the more dynamic conditions seen in the warmer months. Historical data indicates that May generally experiences a decrease in wind speeds compared to the summer months. However, influenced by the high solar activity and notable planetary alignments for May 2024, we anticipate wind speeds to be variable, with periods of calm interspersed with brisk winds.
The dominant wind direction in May typically aligns with southeast to south-southeast flows, reflective of the seasonal shift and the influence of high-pressure systems moving northward. This directional trend is expected to continue into May 2024, potentially contributing to the variability in daily weather conditions.
Maximum and Minimum Wind Speeds
Based on historical weather patterns for May in Dayboro, average wind speeds tend to moderate. For May 2024, we project wind speeds to generally range:
Maximum Wind Speeds: Expected to reach up to 20-25 km/h on days with more pronounced weather systems, particularly influenced by the lunar phases and the positions of Jupiter and Saturn, which can enhance atmospheric dynamics.
Minimum Wind Speeds: Likely to dip to around 5-10 km/h during periods of high atmospheric pressure and clearer skies, especially during the new moon phase when weather systems tend to stabilize.
These wind speed fluctuations will play a role in day-to-day weather conditions, possibly influencing the development of late autumn weather patterns, including the potential for rainfall events.
In May, Dayboro typically experiences a decrease in rainfall as it moves away from the wetter months of the year and transitions into the drier season. However, considering the high solar activity and the specific planetary alignments expected in May 2024, along with the moon phases during this period, there might be some deviations from the norm.
The lunar phases for May, ranging from the New Moon to the Full Moon, could influence atmospheric conditions, potentially leading to increased atmospheric moisture. This, combined with the significant planetary alignments, particularly those involving Jupiter and Saturn, may enhance the chances of precipitation during certain periods of the month.
Possible Rain days
Early May (Waxing Gibbous to New Moon):
- May 1st (Waxing Gibbous): Starting with drier conditions under the Waxing Gibbous moon, leading up to the New Moon phase.
- May 2nd to May 8th (Approaching New Moon): Decreased rainfall potential until the New Moon on May 8th. The atmospheric conditions are likely to stabilize, with lower chances of precipitation during this period.
Mid-May (New Moon to First Quarter):
- May 8th (New Moon): The New Moon phase marks a turning point, with a subtle increase in moisture levels potentially initiating the onset of light rainfall events.
- May 9th to May 15th (Waxing Crescent): This period is expected to see a gradual increase in rainfall potential, with the growing moon phase contributing to a slight uptick in atmospheric moisture.
- May 16th to May 23rd (Approaching First Quarter): Rainfall chances continue to rise, culminating in more significant precipitation events as the moon reaches the First Quarter phase on May 23rd.
Late May (First Quarter to Waxing Gibbous):
- May 23rd (First Quarter): A pivotal moment for rainfall potential in May, with the First Quarter moon marking an increase in the likelihood of rainfall, possibly leading to moderate precipitation events.
- May 24th to May 31st (Waxing Gibbous): As the moon phases progress towards the Waxing Gibbous on May 31st, expect the highest potential for rainfall during this period. The gravitational pull of the Waxing Gibbous moon, combined with increased atmospheric moisture, could enhance the chances of more pronounced rainfall events towards the end of the month.
May 2024 Daily POP, more a gimmick than science
|Probability of Precipitation (%)
Astrological & Solar
Astrological Influences for March 2024
In astrological terms, the positions of planets in the solar system can influence terrestrial events, including weather patterns. For March 2024:
- Mercury will be visible in the evening sky for the first part of March, suggesting periods of clear skies and potentially influencing atmospheric conditions towards variability in wind patterns.
- Venus, often associated with moisture and warmth, could contribute to milder temperatures and increased humidity as it becomes more prominent in the evening sky.
- Mars‘ position could suggest fluctuations in atmospheric pressure, leading to variable weather conditions, including sudden changes in temperature or unexpected weather events.
- Jupiter and Saturn alignment can indicate significant weather shifts, potentially leading to increased storm activity or changes in precipitation patterns, considering their association with expansion (Jupiter) and structure (Saturn).
- The New Moon and Full Moon phases during March will also play a crucial role, with the New Moon phase around early March potentially marking a period of lower atmospheric pressure and the Full Moon in mid-to-late March possibly correlating with higher tides and increased precipitation.
Solar Influences for March 2024
The sun’s activity, particularly measured through sunspot numbers and solar flux, has a direct impact on Earth’s weather:
- Sunspot Activity: March 2024 falls within a period of expected increasing solar activity, as it approaches the peak of Solar Cycle 25. Higher sunspot activity can lead to increased solar radiation, influencing Earth’s upper atmosphere and potentially leading to warmer surface temperatures and altered wind patterns.
- Solar Flux: The solar radio flux, an indicator of the sun’s radiation at a wavelength of 10.7 cm, is expected to be elevated in March 2024. This increased solar flux suggests more energetic interactions with Earth’s magnetic field and atmosphere, potentially affecting cloud formation and weather systems.
Combining these astrological and solar influences, March 2024 could see a mix of weather conditions, from periods of clear, stable weather early in the month, influenced by Mercury, to potential increases in precipitation and storm activity, particularly influenced by the positions of Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn, as well as the lunar phases.
The overall increase in solar activity could lead to warmer-than-average temperatures but with significant variability due to the complex interplay of planetary and solar dynamics.
Moon Phases and Planetary Events
- Waxing Gibbous on May 1st,
- New Moon (Whiro) on May 8th,
- Waxing Crescent on May 15th,
- First Quarter (Te Rākaunui) on May 23rd, and
- Waxing Gibbous again on May 31st.
Optimal Planting Days
Leafy Greens (Lettuce, Spinach, Kale):
- Best Days: May 15th (Waxing Crescent), ideal for planting leafy crops.
- Considerations: As May brings cooler evenings, ensure these crops are protected from potential frost and maintain consistent moisture levels.
Root Crops (Carrots, Beets, Radishes):
- Best Days: May 23rd (First Quarter), optimal for root development.
- Considerations: Cooler soil temperatures are favorable for root crops; however, watch out for heavy rainfall that could compact the soil or lead to waterlogging.
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage:
- Best Days: May 8th (New Moon), suitable for these cool-season crops that can be planted directly in the garden.
- Considerations: With the onset of cooler nights, ensure these crops are hardened off properly before transplanting outdoors.
Fruiting Crops (Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant):
- Best Days: May 15th (Waxing Crescent), encourages above-ground growth and fruit set.
- Considerations: Protect young plants from cool nights, possibly with cloches or row covers. The risk of frost should be minimal but remain vigilant.
Herbs (Parsley, Cilantro, Chives):
- Best Days: May 23rd (First Quarter), good for both root and leaf development.
- Considerations: As herbs can be sensitive to extreme changes, ensure they’re placed in a spot that receives adequate sunlight and has good air circulation to prevent mildew or fungus.
- Dates: May 18th and 19th.
- Impact: Venus symbolizes beauty, growth, and harmony, while Uranus represents change and innovation. A conjunction between Venus and Uranus could signify a time to experiment with new gardening techniques or introduce unconventional crops. This could be an auspicious time for implementing innovative sustainable practices or experimenting with new varieties of plants.
(Venus-Jupiter Conjunctions )
- Dates: May 23rd and 24th.
- Impact: Venus and Jupiter coming together is often seen as a favourable alignment, promoting growth, abundance, and prosperity. In the context of gardening and farming, this period could be particularly beneficial for planting, fertilizing, and general garden maintenance. It’s a good time to focus on activities that enhance plant growth and soil fertility.
- Dates: May 12th
- Impact: Mercury represents communication, intellect, and analysis, while Jupiter is about expansion, knowledge, and understanding. An opposition between Mercury and Jupiter might highlight the need for balance between planning and execution in your gardening activities. This could be a time to review gardening plans, assess growth, and make adjustments based on observations. It may also indicate a need for caution against over-expansion or neglecting details in garden planning and plant care.
- Soil Preparation: Given the high rainfall prediction, focus on improving soil drainage and fertility.
- Pest and Disease Management: Warm, humid conditions could increase pest and disease pressure. Use organic, biodynamic-approved methods for control.
- Observation and Adaptation: Continuously monitor your garden and adapt your practices based on real-time observations, following biodynamic principles.